Tuesday, June 05, 2007

From Waco to Musashino-Shi

I have to say I am very proud of Diane. d. reeves design house is going very well; Diane's gifts and creativity are really shining, and are being confirmed by others in the scrapbook industry (there's an industry? yep, a whole industry). Consider this one expression of my rising up and calling her blessed...
An editor of a Japanese scrapbook magazine (the industry is global? yep, global) ordered a sample of d. reeves products for a mini-album story she is doing for the mag. We just tracked the shipment: it has left Waco, spent a few minutes in Memphis, and promptly flew to Narita-Shi, Tokyo, Japan. Final destination: Musashino-Shi, Tokyo, Japan. I know! All the way to Musashino-Shi! We did a quick Google search for Narita-Shi to see where it sits in relation to Musashino-Shi...we didn't find much, which, incidentally, adds to the exotic mystery.

If you have extra time, Google the Shi's of Musashino or Narita and send us a map. Make sure its got those neat red lines like in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".

6 comments:

sarahross said...

Well, maybe I could aid in your quest for Musashino-Shi if I still had my spy job! Diane, it's awesome that your product is multi-national! How cool is that?

Jeremy and Diane said...

Hey Sarah,
Don't you still have government connections? Surely you could call in a favor for us...

Jeremy

sarahross said...

I think I used that favor to get the scoop on Area 51 for David...

Meghann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghann said...

Not sure how to edit comments, so I'm just posting another...I found the two cities in Japan! I'm wide awake at too late of an hour, so I'm lolligagging until I get sleepy. They're roughly 75 miles from each other, but Narita sure was hard to find on the maps!

Jeremy and Diane said...

Two Things:

1. What exactly is the scoop on Area 51? I've got to know; and would they be interested in a lovely set of clear acrylic pendants or scrapbook albums?

2. The package has landed in Musashino-Shi; we got a confirmation email from Ikuko herself, so there you have it. Thanks for tracking down the distance between the two Shis of Narita and Musashino. 75 miles, hmmm...I assumed they'd be closer...